Venom Coating is a Geomancer Skill in Divinity Orginal Sin 2.
Venom Coating location
Venom Coating effects
- Scroll cannot be crafted
- Scales with level and Geomancer
- Also scales with Single-Handed and Dual-Wielding weapon abilities but not Two-Handed or Ranged
- The damage added by this skill is not dependent on weapon damage. At level 4 it adds about 60% of the base damage of Poison Dart. That percentage increases with levels and at lvl 16 it's closer to 100%.
- Damage type will be converted if using skills or special arrows which have a pre-determined damage type, i.e. piercing damage in Sawtooth Knife
- Also applies to staves, including Staff of Magus, and bows and crossbows
- Damage from this skill can critically strike.
Venom Coating trivia & strategies
- Does work with Elemental Arrows that Rangers can use, but adds more damage of the Arrow type based on your Geomancer ability.
- Works only on main hand weapon if dual wielding.
- Effective when paired with daggers as the damage can critically strike from backstabs.
Venom Coating builds
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Venomous Sentry
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Elemental Champion
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Juggernaut