Window of Opportunity is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II.
- Help Hannag defeat the Magisters OR help the Magisters defeat Hannag.
At the Cloisterwood Ruins (near the waypoint), you will encounter a Sorceress fighting off some Magisters. You will need to dodge the various Steam Clouds and magic being casted in order to reach her. Alternatively, you can easily approach her by teleporting near her. Either way, she will teleport away to a higher area after you speak with her, and the Magisters will follow her there.
Tip: If you run straight towards her, you should make it to her just before she begins casting her lethal lava technique.
If you talk to the Magister Knight, offer to help him kill her, which will award you with experience. This will not trigger a fight with Hannag, so it is safe to select.
If you talk to Hannag now, you can choose to side with her or to kill her. In order to persuade her that you are on her side, you will need to pass a Persuasion and speech check.
Tip: If you do not have high enough Persuasion but want to help Hannag, it is recommended that you kill the Magisters without talking to Hannag first.
Hannag Side: If you choose to assist Hannag and kill the Magisters, try to kill them as quickly as possible to avoid getting her involved with the fight. (There is a chance that she may sacrifice herself, causing you to have to go through the same difficult Voidwoken fight as detailed in the Magisters Side below.)
After you defeat the Magisters, read the following before proceeding to talk to her again.
Serious Bug: Do not immediately inquire Hannag about mastering your Source, or else the quest might not close properly. If you do so, she will only give you the quest reward and then potentially disappear from this area.
When you talk to her, end the conversation immediately and she will interrupt you and give you a Planar Gateway Skillbook as well as the quest reward (a Rare item along with some other goodies), and then close the quest.
After this quest is closed, talk to her again and you can then ask her about mastering your Source, which will initiate the On the Ropes quest.
Magisters Side: If you choose to assist the Magisters, be prepared for a very difficult fight. Hannag will sacrifice herself to open several portals that continually summon Voidwoken. These portals take no damage from physical attacks and can only be damaged by magic.
At some point during the fight, Hannag will be "reborn" as an undead who can use a magical lava attack which kills instantly. She should be killed as soon as possible. A simple strategy is to try to stunlock her early on so that she cannot sacrifice herself. She doesn't have any immunities, and has a fairly low amount of Physical Armour.
If the Magister Knight is still alive after the fight, you may talk to him for the quest reward (which is the same quest reward as helping Hannag). As an added bonus, you can kill the Magisters afterwards as they no longer serve a purpose.
Warning: This will lock you out of the On the Ropes quest, which is not recommended for first-timers. Alternatively, if you go to the Blackpits first you can complete On the Ropes without ever speaking to Hannag (DE).
- 7500 party experience for offering to confront the Sorceress for the Magisters. Easiest way is to use Peace of Mind, jump next to her with whichever spell (chat is initiated) and when battle starts you go first. Take away her physical armor and knock her down with your Peace of Mind character. Game over, you win.
- You can convince the Sourceress that you are on her side by passing an Intelligence, Memory, or Constitution Persuasion check. You receive an additional 7500 party experience.
- Siding with Hannag will net you 22,500 EXP (7,500 for each magister), a rare item, and she can give you a new source slot.
- Siding with the Magisters is much harder, but will net you 97,650 EXP and an epic item. Note you must keep the Magister Knight alive (other two don't matter) in order to get the majority of the EXP and the reward (Around 56,500 EXP). EXP may vary somewhat based on how many voidwoken get through the portals.
- Killing Hannag before a portal has a chance to spawn any voidwoken will prevent it from doing so. Any portals that have already spawned voidwoken will continue spawning them.
- A very easy way to eliminate the Magisters is to simply teleport them into the Sourceress' fire. Since she casts Fireballs outside of battle, they will get hurt during your turn while you wait.
- Hannag sells Source Skillbooks. It is worthwhile pickpocketing her to steal a couple from her for free, but be sure to save before doing so in case you get caught. Generally, avoid causing the bottom bar (in the pickpocketing system) to turn red.
- Ifan has special dialogue options related to Deathfog if you learned that she invented the Deathfog device that killed the elves. This can happen with her alive or with her spirit, and if she is alive he can choose to kill her for her invention.