Races in Divinity Original Sin 2 are listed in this page. Each Race has not only their own appearance, but also a unique Tag that affects dialogue with NPCs and can affect the options available to you during Quests.
Note the fifth race, undead, is not available in Early Access but will be added in official release.
Adaptable, expansionist and superstitious, humans are the dominant race of Rivellon. Civil wars have ravaged their lands, but not their authority.
- Ingenious: Ingenius rewards you with +2 Wits and +3% Critical Chance.
- Human Resolve: Human Resolve adds +1 to Leadership.
- Suggested Classes for this Race are: Rogue or Shadowblade due to the bonus to Wits.
Elegant and long-lived, elves are skilled sourcerors. Memory is the keystone of elven culture; they can absorb memories by consuming the flesh of others.
- Elegant: Elegant gifts you a +2 bonus on Finesse.
- Corpse Eater: Corpse Eater let you eat body parts to access the memory of the dead, which in includes the possibility of learning new information and spells.
- Flesh Sacrifice
- Suggested Classes for this Race are Ranger or Rogue due to the bonus to Finesse.
Dwarves are fiercely nationalistic followers of their empress. Their proud society reveres Source and is clan-based, deeply divided between haves and have-nos.
- Sturdy: Sturdy boosts Strength by +2.
- Dwarven Guile: Dwarven Guile gives you +1 in Sneaking.
- Suggested Classes for this Race are Fighter or Knight due to the bonus to Strength.
Lizards of the Ancient Empire are cultured aristocrats - Source adepts who follow rules of law. Outsiders see their society as elitist. Lizards see outsiders as servants.
- Sophisticated：Sophisticated increases Intelligence by 2.
- Spellsong: You gain +1 in Persuasion from Spellsong.
- Dragon's Blaze
- Suggested Classes for this Race are Wizard, Witch or Enchanter due to the bonus to Intelligence.