Races in Divinity Original Sin 2 are listed in this page. Each Race has not only their own appearance, but also a unique Tag that affects dialogue with NPCs and can affect the options available to you during Quests. Races also have their own benefits combat-wise.
Adaptable, expansionist and superstitious, humans are the dominant race of Rivellon. Civil wars have ravaged their lands, but not their authority.
- Ingenious: Gives you 5% bonus Critical Chance and 10% extra Critical Multiplier. (was+2 Initiative and +5% Critical Chance. )
- Thrifty: Gives you +1 to Bartering.
- Encourage / Dome of Protection
Elegant and long-lived, elves are skilled sorcerer. Memory is the keystone of elven culture; they can absorb memories by consuming the flesh of others.
- Corpse Eater: Lets you eat body parts to access the memory of the dead, which includes the possibility of learning new information and spells.
- Ancestral Knowledge: Gives you +1 to Loremaster.
- Flesh Sacrifice / Dome of Protection
Lizards of the Ancient Empire are cultured aristocrats - Source adepts who follow rules of law. Outsiders see their society as elitist. Lizards see outsiders as servants.
- Sophisticated: Gives you +10% Fire Resistance and +10% Poison Resistance.
- Spellsong: You gain +1 in Persuasion.
- Dragon's Blaze / Dome of Protection
- Can dig without the need for a shovel.
The Undead are an abhorred race in Rivellon, considered abominations of the natural order. Those who wish to walk among the living must mask themselves or risk provoking violence.
- Undead: Lets you heal from poison, but regular healing will damage you instead.
- Varies: When choosing Undead you will have to pick an Undead version of one of the other 4 races and you will gain either Ingenious, Corpse Eater, Sturdy or Sophisticated.
- Play Dead / Dome of Protection
- Can pick locks without the need for lockpicks.