Races in Divinity Original Sin 2 are listed in this page. Each Race has not only their own appearance, but also a unique Tag that affects dialogue with NPCs and can affect the options available to you during Quests. Races also have their own benefits combat-wise.
Adaptable, expansionist and superstitious, humans are the dominant race of Rivellon. Civil wars have ravaged their lands, but not their authority.
- Ingenious: Gives you 5% bonus Critical Chance and 10% extra Critical Multiplier. (was+2 Initiative and +5% Critical Chance. )
- Thrifty: Gives you +1 to Bartering.
- Encourage / Dome of Protection
Elegant and long-lived, elves are skilled sorcerer. Memory is the keystone of elven culture; they can absorb memories by consuming the flesh of others.
- Corpse Eater: Lets you eat body parts to access the memory of the dead, which includes the possibility of learning new information and spells.
- Ancestral Knowledge: Gives you +1 to Loremaster.
- Flesh Sacrifice / Dome of Protection
Dwarves are fiercely nationalistic followers of their empress. Their proud society reveres Source and is clan-based, deeply divided between haves and have-nots.
- Sturdy: Gives you +10% max Vitality and +5% Dodging.
- Dwarven Guile: Gives you +1 in Sneaking.
- Petrifying Touch / Dome of Protection
Lizards of the Ancient Empire are cultured aristocrats - Source adepts who follow rules of law. Outsiders see their society as elitist. Lizards see outsiders as servants.
- Sophisticated: Gives you +10% Fire Resistance and +10% Poison Resistance.
- Spellsong: You gain +1 in Persuasion.
- Dragon's Blaze / Dome of Protection
- Can dig without the need for a shovel.
The Undead are an abhorred race in Rivellon, considered abominations of the natural order. Those who wish to walk among the living must mask themselves or risk provoking violence.
- Undead: Lets you heal from poison, but regular healing will damage you instead.
- Varies: When choosing Undead you will have to pick an Undead version of one of the other 4 races and you will gain either Ingenious, Corpse Eater, Sturdy or Sophisticated.
- Play Dead / Dome of Protection
- Can pick locks without the need for lockpicks.
Add a furry race
Rivelon, has six races, and 7 gods. The two races missing are imps and orcs. You do run across some dead orcs but no imps in this game. Imps are in dragon commander which actually helps in expanding the lore. End of dayblarian studios is a small studio that does what it can with the resources it has. One day we will get all races to be playable but we just have to hope they do well until then.
no half orc . no buy for me ...
Chicken would be an amazing race! Their beak could let them scratch enemies for so much damage!
They should add a faé/faérie race
Shrek is an amazing movie
Elfs are beta males that only watch Lord of the rings. On the other hand Dwarfes are for the people that know what true man power comes from. These are fact
Elfs looks so bad i was expecting a sexy race
Bring in the Goliath Race you indigenous sponges!
Gimme a rodent race you cowards!
The ugliest elves i've ever witnessed, like some horror movie..
whats with the fvcking lizard
If I could Play Orks - I'd buy this game in an instant.
The ***** is the ***** lizard? *****!
The elves of this game are a cross between the bosmer of The Elder Scrolls and the dalish of Dragon Age. Lizard is my preferred race though the others are pretty dull.
when can someone make a Skaven/Ratfolk race would be cool beans alright
Can’t wait for this game on PS4
Need to add more races then just these. You have the option for basically a D&D style play way, but you are so limited by races. Sorry I am tried of playing these races, but I still love the game. We need something like Gnoll or Feline like Khajiit. Please don't tell me to go play another game either since I own that game already, and its not near as fun. So please add more races some how, or let us actually do it. -Just read somewhere why you said no due to too much work, but if someone is devoted enough they will do it.-
I have tried to make it, and failed since I'm not skilled enough with those types of programs.
Why no orcs?
If you eat somebody's severed head, you gain the ability "Spread Your Wings"
I’m playing ps4 version do I have to wait till a certain point in game or do I have to wait for an update?
7 gods, doesn that mean we get to have an Orc origin comming ?
As one anon said, the Wood Elf race from Bethesda's Elder Scrolls games are very much cannibalistic. Not All Elves (TM) and all that, but culturally, their "Green Pact" (basically their religion) demands it.
flesh eating elves, that's certainly a 1st for me, don't know any other lore that is even remotely similar to that.
Lizard! The best!
elfs = OP as***** ... plz nerf them to hell.
Can't wait for the Undead !
what the f uck is with that lizard *
what the ***** is with that lizard *****