Dodging is one of the Attributes in Divinity Original Sin 2. These statistics are determined by your character’s base statistics. They can be affected by skills, stances, statuses, gear, abilities, and talents.
Dodging determines the ability to evade attacks.
Notes about Dodging
- Leadership bonus buffs dodging by 2% per point.
- Dual Wielding bonus buffs dodging by 1% per point.
- Dodge chance does not affect incoming spell attacks; I.E. Fireball, Fossil Strike, Mosquito Swarm, etc.
- Dodge chance does affect weapon attacks and skills; I.E. Whirlwind, Barrage, Bow attacks, Sword attacks, etc.
- Dodge and Accuracy are multiplicative. The chance to hit is (1-dodge)*accuracy.
- Example 1: You need 125% accuracy to guarantee a hit against a target with 20% dodge.
- Example 2: If you have 200% accuracy, the chance to hit a target with 90% dodge is only 20%. The better way to allow weapon attackers to hit enemies with uncanny evasion is get them enwebbed, marked, crippled, or any other status to reduce dodge.
- It can be wildly effective to stack dodge increases on a "frontline heavy" party, which features 2 or 3 battlemage/warrior/rogue archetypes.
- Wielding a one handed weapon in each hand allows up to 10% dodge chance gained from invested points in Dual Wielding, which also increases your weapon damage.
- The Parry Master talent additionally adds 10% dodge chance whenever you are dual wielding.
- The dwarf racial adds an additional 5% dodge chance.
- It is not uncommon for the vast majority of playthroughs to come across at least two or three +7% dodge items across the playthrough, and it is very common to come across +5% or +3% variants as well.
- Your "tank" role having 10 points in leadership provides an additional 20% dodge chance to all nearby frontliners.
- With the above, it is very easy to hit 50% dodge chance with only a single dodge item equipped on a dwarven front liner, and since most frontline targets take the brunt of weapon skills/attacks, this makes your entire team exponentially more durable in most situations.