There are several prescripted character you can chose as your main character in Divinity Original Sin 2, however you can create your own characters as you like. There are 5 different Races and 14 different Classes, you can also alter the apperance of your character by click customize button. Note: pre-scripted characters you didnt chose may join your party later in the Game at a later point.
- Slave no more, you still bear scars your master gave you, and wield the skills he taught you: femme fatale, spy, assassin. Skills you plan to use against all masters.
- Sebille has Break the Shackles skill
- No body escapes the Lone Wolves unscathed, and your freedom was won at a terrible cost. You swore you were done, but there is one last wrong you need to right.
- Ifan Ben-Mezd has Summon Ifan's Soul Wolf skill
- Unique among your own kind, you are a prince exiled from your Empire. This land is hostile, its inhabitants inferior, but no one will stop you march to vindication.
- The Red Prince has Demonic Stare skill
- You were never normal: mind a playground for demons, body prone to violent episodes. The Divine himself couldn't save you, can you save yourself?
- Lohse has Maddening Song skill
- Your failed rebellion against the Queen nearly destroyed you - so you began a new life on the high seas. Now, your old enemy is back. If you don't stop her, no one will.
- Beast has Petrifying Touch and Blinding Squall skill, Sturdy and Dwarven Guile talent
- You woke up and your world was gone. The last of your kind, you hide behind a charmed mask, searching for the truth about a history that no one knew existed.
- Fane has Play Dead and Time Warp skill, Undead and Ingenious talent
- Your past is history, all that matters is your present in Fort Joy. A Sourcerer in a land ravaged by Source. You await the cure promised by the Divine Order.
- Custom character will have Dome of Protection skill
Races in Divinity Original Sin 2 are listed in this page. Each Race has not only their own appearance, but also a unique Tag that affects dialogue with NPCs and can affect the options available to you during Quests. Races also have their own benefits combat-wise.
Adaptable, expansionist and superstitious, humans are the dominant race of Rivellon. Civil wars have ravaged their lands, but not their authority.
- Ingenious: Rewards you with +2 Initiative and +5% Critical Chance.
- Thrifty: Gives you +1 to Bartering.
- Encourage / Dome of Protection
Elegant and long-lived, elves are skilled sorcerer. Memory is the keystone of elven culture; they can absorb memories by consuming the flesh of others.
- Corpse Eater: Lets you eat body parts to access the memory of the dead, which includes the possibility of learning new information and spells.
- Ancestral Knowledge: Gives you +1 to Loremaster.
- Flesh Sacrifice / Dome of Protection
Lizards of the Ancient Empire are cultured aristocrats - Source adepts who follow rules of law. Outsiders see their society as elitist. Lizards see outsiders as servants.
- Sophisticated: Gives you +10% Fire Resistance and +10% Poison Resistance.
- Spellsong: You gain +1 in Persuasion.
- Dragon's Blaze / Dome of Protection
- Can dig without the need for a shovel.
The Undead are an abhorred race in Rivellon, considered abominations of the natural order. Those who wish to walk among the living must mask themselves or risk provoking violence.
- Undead: Lets you heal from poison, but regular healing will damage you instead.
- Varies: When choosing Undead you will have to pick an Undead version of one of the other 4 races and you will gain either Ingenious, Corpse Eater, Sturdy or Sophisticated.
- Play Dead / Dome of Protection
- Can pick locks without the need for lockpicks.