There are several prescripted character you can chose as your main character in Divinity Original Sin 2, however you can create your own characters as you like. There are 5 different Races and 14 different Classes, you can also alter the apperance of your character by click customize button. Note: pre-scripted characters you didnt chose may join your party later in the Game at a later point.
- Slave no more, you still bear scars your master gave you, and wield the skills he taught you: femme fatale, spy, assassin. Skills you plan to use against all masters.
- Sebille has Break the Shackles skill
- No body escapes the Lone Wolves unscathed, and your freedom was won at a terrible cost. You swore you were done, but there is one last wrong you need to right.
- Ifan Ben-Mezd has Summon Ifan's Soul Wolf skill
The Red Prince
- Unique among your own kind, you are a prince exiled from your Empire. This land is hostile, its inhabitants inferior, but no one will stop you march to vindication.
- The Red Prince has Demonic Stare skill
- The Undead are considered abominations in Rivellon, an affront to the natural order whose mere presence invites violence. Those who walk among the living must do so masked.
- Undead has Play Dead and Dome of Protection skill, Undead talents
- You were never normal: mind a playground for demons, body prone to violent episodes. The Divine himself couldn't save you, can you save yourself?
- Lohse has Maddening Song skill
- Your failed rebellion against the Queen nearly destroyed you - so you began a new life on the high seas. Now, your old enemy is back. If you don't stop her, no one will.
- Beast has Petrifying Touch and Blinding Squall skill, Sturdy and Dwarven Guile talent
- You woke up and your world was gone. The last of your kind, you hide behind a charmed mask, searching for the truth about a history that no one knew existed.
- Fane has Play Dead and Time Warp skill, Undead and Ingenious talent
- Your past is history, all that matters is your present in Fort Joy. A Sourcerer in a land ravaged by Source. You await the cure promised by the Divine Order.
- Custom character will have Dome of Protection skill
Races in Divinity Original Sin 2 are listed in this page. Each Race has not only their own appearance, but also a unique Tag that affects dialogue with NPCs and can affect the options available to you during Quests. Races also have their own benefits combat-wise.
Adaptable, expansionist and superstitious, humans are the dominant race of Rivellon. Civil wars have ravaged their lands, but not their authority.
- Ingenious: Gives you 5% bonus Critical Chance and 10% extra Critical Multiplier. (was+2 Initiative and +5% Critical Chance. )
- Thrifty: Gives you +1 to Bartering.
- Encourage / Dome of Protection
Elegant and long-lived, elves are skilled sorcerer. Memory is the keystone of elven culture; they can absorb memories by consuming the flesh of others.
- Corpse Eater: Lets you eat body parts to access the memory of the dead, which includes the possibility of learning new information and spells.
- Ancestral Knowledge: Gives you +1 to Loremaster.
- Flesh Sacrifice / Dome of Protection
Dwarves are fiercely nationalistic followers of their empress. Their proud society reveres Source and is clan-based, deeply divided between haves and have-nots.
- Sturdy: Gives you +10% max Vitality and +5% Dodging.
- Dwarven Guile: Gives you +1 in Sneaking.
- Petrifying Touch / Dome of Protection
Lizards of the Ancient Empire are cultured aristocrats - Source adepts who follow rules of law. Outsiders see their society as elitist. Lizards see outsiders as servants.
- Sophisticated: Gives you +10% Fire Resistance and +10% Poison Resistance.
- Spellsong: You gain +1 in Persuasion.
- Dragon's Blaze / Dome of Protection
- Can dig without the need for a shovel.
The Undead are an abhorred race in Rivellon, considered abominations of the natural order. Those who wish to walk among the living must mask themselves or risk provoking violence.
- Undead: Lets you heal from poison, but regular healing will damage you instead.
- Varies: When choosing Undead you will have to pick an Undead version of one of the other 4 races and you will gain either Ingenious, Corpse Eater, Sturdy or Sophisticated.
- Play Dead / Dome of Protection
- Can pick locks without the need for lockpicks.
Create your jedi or sith in this exciting Star Wars adventure
the inquisitor is making a... just wow...
How are all these guys so different from my game? It lets me make two characters and not even pick origin characters. I have not gotten past this because not a single guide speaks of it.
When we recruit companions for the first time, they ask what style of companion we need (finesse, magical, strength ..)
How we know what are results of these choices combination (inquisitor, druid, ...) ?
Ummm.. has anyone looked at the Elf Passive? Clearly, someone had some fun editing that.
Ahh, yes, reading is good. Thank you for clarifying
You're missing the polymorph skill that provides the attribute point.
Looks like they removed racial attribute bonuses. Instead all classes but two give you 3 attribute points and shadowblade and metamorph give 4. Unless I'm missing something major here is there any reason not to pick either one of those two then just customize the build to the class you want to play?
The link to Metamorph (class) is broken. It takes you to Metamorph (special skill), not Metamorph (class) as it should.