"Famed, of course, for my unique red skin and unparalleled skills as a general of the House of War, I, the Red Prince, was raised within the vast palaces of the fabled Forbidden City. I was destined to become the next emperor, but my ambitions suffered a bit of a setback when I fell from grace for cavorting with demons. Now I'm exiled and hunted by assassins, but I assure you: I remain undaunted - and as determined as ever to claim my rightful throne!"
The Red Prince Information
- Unique among your own kind, you are a prince exiled from your Empire. This land is hostile, its inhabitants inferior, but no one will stop your march to vindication.
- If you did not select The Red Prince as an Origin, he is the first potential Companion you encounter. He is resting at the seaside on the south of the starting place, not far from shipwreck. Note: as a Lizard, he can help you with digging up things.
- The Red Prince can dig without the use of a shovel.
Red Prince Quests
First you must speak with the Dreamer: Stingtail at Fort Joy. He is on the beach area south of Fort Joy. He will only appear after you begin the quest: and have spoken with Griff in Fort Joy. Be careful when approaching him because if you have Sebille with you she will try to kill him (best to leave her a good distance away).
Next you must speak with Bahara in Amadia's Sanctuary. She is the Lizard guarding the entrance. To get there you must head southeast of the Hollow Marshes Bridge Shrine a good ways. When you've defeated the Void Salamanders you are close. If you hit the Hollow Marshes Dragon's Breach Shrine you've gone too far east.
After reaching Driftwood in Reaper's Coast, speak with Ghangh underneath the Driftwood tavern to learn Brahmos the Wanderer has fled to a nearby Paladin camp and is being followed. At Stonegarden of Reaper's Coast, cast Spirit Vision near the lizard's part of the cemetery. (where two dragon-head statues breathe fire) Let Red-Prince speak to the dreamer's ghost.
On the east of the abandoned sawmill, there's Red Princess's camp. Let Red Princes mate with her will advance his personal quest. Some lizards will ambush you afterwards, but after you defeat them the Red Princess is disappeared.
When you travel to Nameless isle, you will find a blackest mirror in Sallow Man's Camp that shows the image of Red Princess. (to enter the camp, you need to side with the Black Rings, or use the Cowl given by Alexandar to reveal the passage inside troll cave. See The Nameless Isle for details.)
When you arrived the Arx, speak to Red Prince and he suggests you search the consulate.
Note, before you approach the consulate, make sure you have a swornbreaker on you. (either forged with the two pieces you found on Nameless Isle. Or one you acquired from The Vault of Linder Kemm)
(Warning: the consulate quest may be bugged, the Cursed Revenant respawn endlessly, suggest you save your game before you approach this area. Theoretically, they only respawn in nearest necro fire. But sometimes necro fire stuck inside walls and you can not cleanse them, causing that bug.)
Use your character with highest sneak and thievery ability to infiltrate the consulate, till you reached the fountain. (if you find yourself in a battle, use retreat to start over.)
- You may need a key which is in "the office" (room on the left above you as you enter). I say "may" because I managed to do get it and didn't check if the first doors later can be lockpicked (probably yes, lvl 5 thievery is probably required).
- This key unlocks the door in the room on right from the entrance. Then you have the second locked door to the garden. I don't know if there is any key for them but you can lockpick them (thievery lvl 5 I think).
When you approached the fountain, use the teleporter pyramid to regroup your team. Then cast Spirit Vision to see the portal above.
You will be teleported to a strange arena. There you will have to fight shades of Malady, Bishop, Windego, and Malady can make a copy of Red Prince appear from one of the black mirrors, but only one copy at a time. The Red Prince shade is not an identical copy, for me it was a dagger wielding hybrid of rogue and fighter, with the real Red Prince being a geomancing shield-wielding fighter. However, they will not appear immediately, only after you move from the center.
They will spawn even after their death, to beat the encounter you will have to break all the mirrors in the arena and then a magical door will appear. Now here is a little trick which will make a very difficult fight, a trivial one. If u have range character (crossbow, or bows) you will be able to destroy all mirrors without leaving a centre of the arena (so before fight begins. You need to manipulate some angles and destroy some things but it's 100% possible.).
(Note, alternatively, you can use long-range earth skills like fossil strike or earthquake to destroy mirrors )
After that just move toward the door and when the fight begins just move one character to the door and the whole party will be ported out.
Talk to the dreamers will open the portal to princess's hideout. If you have a swornbreaker, you can free the princess from her bond to the God King. Then let Red Prince use fire breath to give birth to a dragon.
Leave the dream to complete the quest.
Red Prince Tags
- When running into Bishop Alexander and Magister Atusa in Fort Joy.
- Speaking to Laslor in Fort Joy.
- Speaking to Baladir in Fort Joy if he killed Saam.
- Speaking to Rezik in Fort Joy.
- Speaking to Doctor Leste in Fort Joy Ghetto (grants Recipe)
- When speaking to Migo in Fort Joy. Results in him attacking you.
- When speaking to Stingtail in Fort Joy.