Ifan Ben-Mezd is an Origin or Companion in Divinity: Original Sin 2. Ifan's default class is Wayfarer.
"Once, I was a crusader for the Divine Order. I pledged my life to Lucian the Divine. But the war changed everything. He sent me to save the elves I grew up amongst. I arrived too late. Lucian ordered the use of Deathfog against the Black Ring, annihilating everyone I once knew in the process. Now, I'm a mercenary killer, one of the infamous Lone Wolves. And my next target is none other than Lucian's own son..."
Ifan Ben-Mezd Information
- "Nobody escapes the Lone Wolves unscathed, and your freedom was won at a terrible cost. You swore you were done, but there is one last wrong you need to right."
- If not selected as an Origin, Ifan is located in Fort Joy Ghetto at the Main Gate near coordinates (X:207 Y:180)
- Can also be recruited on the Lady Vengeance, after fighting Alexandar. Ifan is in the middle zone of the ship, walking around the stairs by Exter and some Silent Monks. If you dismiss him before the Lady Vengeance, he can be found near coordinates (X:223 Y:158) near some tents.
- If Ben-Mezd is not in your party before fighting Dallis on Lady Vengeance, he will die and can no longer be recruited.
Ingenious: Gives you 5% bonus Critical Chance and 10% extra Critical Multiplier. (Was +2 Initiative and +5% Critical Chance)
Summon Ifan's Soul Wolf
- Because Ifan possesses the Talent: Ingenious, it is advised to either build him for physical damage or pick up the Savage Sortilege talent.
- Because Ifan possesses the Special Skill: Summon Ifan's Soul Wolf, it is advised to play him as a Summoner since Ifan's Soul Wolf's stats are dependent upon Ifan's summoning level.
- Read the Mysterious Note in Ifan's inventory after your recruit him and then speaking with him. Speak with Magister Borris in front of the gate to Fort Joy or go directly to Zaleskar, he is at the broken bridge between Fort Joy and Hollow Marshes. If you go see Magister Borris or have killed him, you can find a note on his body which directs you to Zaleskar.
- Next Ifan must speak with Zaleskar just outside of Fort Joy in the Hollow Marshes. Zaleskar will give him an extremely powerful Crossbow.
- Next Ifan must speak with Gareth in Sanctuary of Amadia (after rescuing him from the quest Most Dangerous When Cornered) and tell him about the Lone Wolves. Then speak with Ifan.
- On the Lady Vengeance allow Ifan to speak with Bishop Alexandar. You can gain quite a lot of attitude if you tell him he can't get information from a dead man.
- After you reach Reaper's Coast, a boy will approach Ifan, and tell him that a Lone Wolf contact named Baran is waiting for him in Driftwood Tavern.
- Travel to the second floor of Driftwood Tavern. Barren will tell Ifan that Roost is expecting him in a nearby sawmill.
- When in Wrecker's Cave, let Ifan communicate with Zanisima the Scientist. Then speak with him, and he will tell you he wants to have a word with Hannag.
- Speak with Hannag in Cloisterwood and let Ifan speak with her. Afterwards you can chose to kill her or spare.
- When you find Roost, he will tell you that Alexandar is still alive and hiding on an island. Then he will ask Ifan to turn over his fellow Godwoken, whatever you reply, a fight is inevitable.
- From Roost's body, you will find a contract, given by the Divine Order.
- In Fort Joy, if getting spotted by Myra, he will get involved into a dialogue in which she will accuse him of being a murderer. After that she will keep running away anytime she sees him.
- At Driftwood market Magister Caryl spots him and attempts to arrest for using sourcery during his last visit to the city. If he fails to persuade or bribe her, he will end up in a prison.
- Dialogue option with ?
- Affects ? Quests
- Dialogue option with ?
- Affects ? Quests
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
i killed him twice on the boat for the dallis boat fight and i have not gotten to act 3 what happens?
Idk way exactly but he get involved in fight on gates of FJ, he stand across them when you dismiss him.
So i ended up recruiting him just to avoid killing him in that fight, good that i did as after the bridge he got really good crossbow. I think some of the guards is his connection as i remember reading something about him in letter on one of those guards, but don't hold me on it as its my first time playing DOS2.
he's extremely effective as an archer and is the heavy hitter of my group atm
I love how all the other companion pics are them doing a cool pose with armor but ifan's pic on the other hand...
Best romance option in the game.
Everyone says Ifans Wolf is the worst compared to the Incarnate. But thats not the point. The purpose of the Wolf is his howl, which provokes enemies. If you have a tight group together, you can get 4-5 enemies to ignore you. This can be a lifesaver, and note the howl if not blocked by enemy armor. Enemy AI will always try to CC you if your armor is low, and ignore an Incarnate standing next to them, but not so with the Wolf.
Him being a Lone Wolf and having worked alone does raise the question that - outside of player freedom - why doesn't he have the Lone Wolf talent. Was a bit of a letdown considering his entire backstory...
Can i change the class of the ones that acompany my main? i may have chosen a bad one on my red prince, can i change it? My main in the party is the human.
Am I the only one getting Russell Crowe - Gladiator vibes from his voice acting?
I have a little issue with Ifan in my new playthought. I had Ifan in my party, then I left him to get Sebille (already played with him during my first playthrought I wanted to change a bit) Now that I have my collar removed, when I want to fight agianst the magisters and the dog in front of the main gate to the donjon, Ifan joins them, and I can't find the reason for that. I don't really mind killing him, but I'd just like to know if that's a glitch or if there's a reason.
He's at x:223 y:158 if you don't play him or pick him up when you get to Fort Joy
petpal bug fixed
wouldn't being a backstabber defeat the point of the extra 5% crit chance from ingenious? Backstabs are guaranteed cries
So what happens if you do actually kill Alexander when you have the chance? Or does he somehow cheat death twice?
"Fixed Ifan having Pet Pal talent regardless of which class you want him to be when recruiting him"
"Talent: Ingenious, it is advised to play him as a ranged damage dealer or backstabber."
That doesn't make any sense. Ingenious is pointless for a backstabber.
You can romance Ifan if your attitude is high enough.
RIP free pet pal man
Playing Ifan is summoner is viable, but not necesarry, When you reach the point where you can use his source skill, the Incarnate (especially when infused) outclasses the wolf.
i left thefort joy without having him in my party. when i returned i could only kill magister boris but i had no note on his corpse even though my quest log said i have to take to borris
He starts with petpal if you choose him as ranger :)
Contrary to the tip saying the ingenious talent makes him a better Rogue or Shadowblade, I would say that backstabbing is automatic critting, making that talent more superfluous.
It seems that if you kill Roost and have both Sebille and Ifan in your team Sebille's personal quest takes priority. I didn't get a trigger for Ifan where Roost tells him about Alexander. I did however learn Sebille's master is there. Anyone else have this happen to them?
who's his voice actor? Sounds just like Jorah Mormont
What about the Nameless Island part? I come here to see what happens and what options do I have but it doesn't even mention it. This wiki shouldn't be calles a wiki
he starts with petpal if you don't play as him.....
Ifan doesn't get Pet Pal unless you pick the talent.