Gives you the ability to perform attacks of opportunity.
Opportunist is a talent in Divinity Orignal Sin 2. An attack of opportunity occurs when an enemy character moves away from a character with this talent. Attacks of opportunity are always done with a melee weapon.
Attack an enemy with a melee weapon if they leave your melee range. Only usable once a round, this ability refreshes after your turn begins.
- Only occurs once a turn (not round)
- If you are a melee focused build this talent is almost always a must have.
- Works with all weapons that do melee attacks, including daggers and staves
- Weapon properties do influence these melee based attacks: elemental damage, possible status effects (e.g. 20% chance to inflict acid), and passives effects (i.e. cleave, dagger's backstabs for critical damage, Sparking Swings/Master of Sparks etc.).
- The size of the area from which the enemy has to move out of depends on the weapon: A spear's range is far greater than a dagger's. This means that spears are far more likely to do attacks of opportunity than daggers. Good to bear in mind when one finds themselves in a situation where they have to move near an enemy with this talent
- If an enemy character with attack of opportunity will be triggered by your movement, a red circle with a sword appears around that enemy while you're pointing at the movement destination for your character. So watch out for that.