The Cursed Ring is a Personal Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II.
- Statue of Illusions
- Search the ruin and defeat the mad illusionist Trompdoy
- Take the ring from (one of)Trompdoy's body.
- On the southeast side of the island (near three voidwoken salamanders) there is an illusionary cave, go inside it, and there is a strange ruin.
- The main entrance to that ruin is blocked, but if you take a look at your mini-map, you can find an illusionary bridge which leads you to another side of the ruin (to the left of Trompdoy).
- Trompdoy will keep trying to stop you, so prepare to fight. He ambushes you and will attack you with three to four duplicates.
- You will meet a Statue of Illusions inside and he will ask you a few questions
- Answer for first question is option 1: 'very awful, rotten'; the answer to the second question is option 2: 'a hex, a misery, a blight, a curse' .
- Defeat Trompdoy and acquire the Cursed Ring from his corpse, beware you cannot remove the curse unless you have skill Bless, or go to the tower within Gargoyle's Maze.
- Trompdoy will ask for your forgiveness and ask you to free his soul. You can either break his soul jar (illusionist's soul jar), or use it to empower yourself.
- There is another statue near the treasure room, interact with it will teleport your main character to The Hall of Echoes. You will gain one source skill there.
- Use the lever to disable blocking field and leave.
- Many of the boxes are trapped with elemental damage.
- Take all of the artwork from the wall in the room with the Statue of Illusions; they are worth about 30-50 gold each.
- You will receive many soul jars in the treasure room. You can choose to smash them right there or save them for later.