Summon Oily Blob
Fling an Oil Blob at a target point, dealing 70% Earth Damage in the area. Oil Blob deals earth damage with melee attacks and leaves an oil puddle on death.
Damage is based on your level and receives bonus from Strength.
Summon Oily Blob is a Polymorph Skill in Divinity Original Sin II.
Summon Oily Blob location
- Available starting from level 9
- Exter at Amadia's Sanctuary (Fort Joy), Lady Vengeance
- Trader Ovis at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Eithne at Cloisterwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Elven Thorndancer at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Jawbone the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Black Ring Alchemist at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
Oily Blob's skills
A giant rock with sticky oil that deals 85% Earth Damage. Creates an oil surface where it lands.
Damage is bases on your level and receives bonus from your Intelligence .
2m Explode radius
Turn to Oil
Costs 1 Memory
Summon Oily Blob effects
- Scroll crafted by combining Sheet of Paper, High Quality Life Essence or Alien Life Essence, and Oil
- Scroll costs 2 AP to use
- Resisted by Magical Armour
- 3 turn lifetime
- Summon scales with level and Summoning
- Damage splash scales with level, Strength and Geomancer
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Can be deflected. Oily Blob changes allegiances to the deflector's and its turn comes last in the round
- Oily Blob's Fossil Strike and Turn to Oil are identical to the player character's skills
Summon Oily Blob trivia & strategies
- As of definitive edition, the blob has the skills Fossil Strike and Turn To Oil
- The Oily Blob is very frail, and enemies will often target it to get rid of it quickly. It has no armor so it will be CC'd very easily. This makes it decent for drawing aggro while also dealing some damage, but there's always the chance that enemies will not care about it at all. A rather poor summoning skill compared to others, but it does have its uses.
- The Oily Blob can combo decently with Medusa Head, even with little to no investment in Summoning. The Petrified status debuffs earth resistance, and the Oily Blob may actually survive for more than one turn if several enemies are completely disabled.