A storm rages in the target area, hitting enemies with lightning bolts, each dealing 100% Air Damage.
Sets Stunned for 1 turn
Duration 2 turns
Thunderstorm is an Aerotheurge Skill in Divinity Original Sin 2.
- Available starting from level 16
- Trader Ovis at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Hannag at Cloisterwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Elf Stormchanter at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Trayde the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Lizard Dreamer at Wordless' Camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
- Trader Aravae at Arx
- Scroll cannot be crafted
- Resisted by Magical Armour
- Scales with level, intelligence and Aerotheurge
- AoE radius 10m
- Hits every enemy in the target area once
- Lightnings hit enemies at the time of casting and at the start of the caster's turn for 2 turns
- Can be deflected, but won't deal damage to the caster
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Electrifies any water or blood surface the targets stand on
Thunderstorm Trivia & Strategies
- Works as a 3 turn stun if an enemy has no magical armour or runs out of it
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
This skill breaks the game. Was fun at the start but soon the fights become pretty boring if you use this. It should have at least friendly fire or something.
LOVE THIS skill! Strips enemies of magic armor but does NOT hurt your allies. Its very expensive but so worth it. Unlike other ultimate skills, it goes off 3 rounds! By the third time, almost everyone is either dead or stunned!
I got this at level 6, because it was behind the barrier in braccus rex tower, instead of closed circuit, and I went with it, so that when I used it to fight bishop alexander, it was just too op.
Broken af deals high crit with savage sortilege and max aero with max wits obviously u need apotheosis and skin graft with green tea ... or white tea u can spam 2 times and extra on top if u are going lone wolf sit back and watch.
Best skill so far. Great damage, stuns every turn, huge area, only hits foes. Once you try it, you wonder how you managed to live without. A battle-changer. There's a before and an after. Before: too many foes, you are going to die. After: They are all stunned, you have three free rounds to kill them if they're not already dead. If you have a high crit% too, it can easily be a massive total nuke spell.
Can you craft this? If so, how?
This is probably the single most powerful ability in the game. You can get it earlier than level 16 at specialist vendors as I got mine at lvl 15 and oh boy is this thing devastating. With sufficiently high intelligence and Aero spec you can one shot even tough encounters on Tactician. A great combo is Apothesis - having a Polymorph - Aero mage means that you can have your mage have disgusting amounts of intellect (Dedicated points, buffs from certain quests, gear, and bonus points from talents / poly) my mage is lvl 19 with 56 Intellect. Cast Apothesis and then cast Thunderstorm for 4 AP and obliterate the entire battlefield. If anyone somehow survives, you have enough AP (if Lone Wolf) for another aero spell to finish them off or wait another round because it does its same massive damage again.
TLDR: Massive damage, perma stuns, incredibly powerful spell.
It's pretty good, but why isn't there any description on the spell ingame? Scaling? Damage? It barely says anything about it.
Best AoE in the game I've come across so far.
Huge target area, selectively hits your enemies for massive air damage, and sets stun every turn for 3 turns.