Shackles of Pain is a Necromancer Skill in Divinity Original Sin 2.
Shackles of Pain location
- Available starting from level 4
- Mona at Fort Joy Ghetto (Fort Joy)
- Kerban at Amadia's Sanctuary (Fort Joy)
- Tarquin at Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Stonegarden Graveyards (Reaper's Coast), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Trader Bree at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Jahan at Driftwood Fields (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Arx Outskirts (Arx), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Eithne at Cloisterwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Jawbone the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Black Ring Alchemist at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Aravae at Arx
- Trader Victor Voss at Arx
- Tyrant's Helm (Fort Joy)
Shackles of Pain effect
- Scroll crafted by combining Sheet of Paper, Shadow Essence, and Skull
- Range 13m
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Does not trigger self-healing from the Necromancer ability, but does trigger from the Life Steal attribute
- Damage passed is the same type inflicted on the caster
Shackles of Pain trivia & strategies
- Dispelled by Cryogenic Stasis or Sebille's special skill, Break the Shackles
- The A.I will usually avoid attacking you if you have activated this spell. Interestingly, this doesn't see to apply to the enemy that you applied the Shackled to, only any other enemies. Thus, the main function is to stop enemies from attacking you except in special situation or with special builds.
- You can hurt enemies trough drinking poison (or healing potions if you're undead or decayed) with this ability.
- Casting your own Shackles of Pain on a character who already has been shackled will completely overwrite the previous shackling. Can be useful to save the Black Ring Members in the house in the Blackpits or if one of your squishier characters gets shackled.
- Combines well with Living on the Edge, as all damage even past 1 HP will still go to the shackled character as full damage
- Any skill that can deal damage to the caster combines well with this: Reactive Armour, Last Rites, Supernova, Guardian Angel
- Elemental damage passed will deplete magic armour first but shackled character's resistance is ignored. This means if a human shackles an undead and the human drinks a poison potion, the poison damage will pass to the undead after magic armour
Shackles of Pain builds
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Terramancer
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Blood Mage
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Death Knight