Jahan is an NPC level 20 in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
- Jahan is one of the NPCs that can train the player in Source.
- He is a demon hunter and source master. He tasks the player with the quest A Hunter of Wicked Things and in return offers his source training.
- He plays an important role in Lohse's personal quest.
- Sells Necromancer Skill books. Also sells equipment/weapons.
- Jahan first appears in Cloisterwood, at Reaper's Coast.
- If Lohse is in your party, Jahan will join you on the quest to defeat Lohse's demon and travel with you on board of Lady Vengeance. He will remain on the ship until it arrives to Arx. However, he fails to kill the demon and ends up locked in his basement, where he can be freed by the player.
Notes and Tips
- During the search for source points in Act 2, try to gather source from other source masters and not from Jahan. Because if you have maximized source before finishing his quest A Hunter of Wicked Things, Jahan will give you the powerful and unique Summon Inner Demon skillbook instead.
- You can free the lying demon Mhordkan Jahan keeps in a cage in Reaper's Coast. Jahan will become hostile, preventing/ending many quests.
- "You've done me proud, Godwoken. Prouder than you could ever realise."
- "But you know, it's the darkest roads that leads to light. It would be my honour to teach you."
"The nature of my lesson though, might be somewhat different from what you expect. I can deepen you bond with the source, but you must realise that this bond comes at a cost."
- "All life, after all, sustains itself by consumption. Like the grass feeds the herd and the herd feeds the hunter, so you must feed, for instance, on these..."
- "This is all. Their suns have set to serve a greater dawn. The world awaits your true awakening."
- "You were very powerful already; a Master of the Source, but I did not let this burst of power go to waste. It lies condensed on parchment, for you to read and learn."
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
If you have patience and want to be ultra-cheese, you can do the talk-teleport trick with him to fight any battle on the main Reaper's map, as long as you don't have to teleport Jahan himself more than once, lest he becomes hostile. You can teleport your character while talking to any npc, and nearly all (there's a few rare exceptions) will walk to you once you do. If they are friendly, they'll fight with you (though most don't like it if you are the aggressor). This trick is well-known, but Jahan at lvl 20 especially, can mop the floor with basically anybody.
It's both OP and monotonous, but sometimes the time spent having him incrementally follow you is actually faster than retrying a battle for the 20th time.
Protip: do not try to pickpocket this man.
i am going to kill him
Doesn't anyone know that him is one of Divinity Original Sin 1 companions? I got really shocked when I found out.
Man i love this character so much(for his beard and personality)
But in my second honour play through i hav to kill him for exp. I choose to fight him like a man in normal battle (prebuff living on the edge combined with fane and sebille, killed him in1 round), thats the best i could do for respecting the legend demon hunter
so i kill him and talk to his spirit. he even so calm and still talk about world. even i suck his source, he only smile. i'm a bad person
I teleported Jahan into lava, he proceded to tank it for 2 turns, cast netherswap to kill my main, then teleport to kill my warrior, then cast impalement on himself to kill my other 2 nearby characters, then ran off... What a Legend.
of course, answering myself you have to betray the advocate and kill it,, then with maximized source johan gives you the book...
Maximized source and he is not giving me the book because i guess i helped The advocate. even if he doesnt know
Why cant we have his cool beard? You can only have his stache and goatee, but not the chops to go with it.
So this is the guy with the stand arrow.
Jahan is a cool character and when i played as Lohse i brought him with me.
For anyone trying to kill Jahan in act 2 for that ridiculous 150,000 experience there is a very simple way to do this. You need terrain transmutation and teleport (polymorph and aerothurge skills, respectively). Go to the lava tile that spawns near Hanag. then drag it through the ruins and down the hill to Jahan's location using terrain transmutation. Once its near him simply use teleport to drop Jahan right on top of it. The act of teleporting will immediately put you into combat with him. But he will get insta gibbed by the lava and you'll get around 150k experience.
In Act 4, I snuck into the basement with Fane using the fish scroll, but Jahan wasn't there. Lohse was upstairs doing the Doctor quest, but apparently seeing the basement with Fane alone caused Jahan to not spawn.
Okay, so in the definitive edition, if you want to get the spell book but already finished the quest before getting maxed (3) source point. Just hire a mercenary from then ship and have them go talk to jahan (after you max out your source points) it;ll restart the quest. make sure to go solo though.
***** so OP couldn't even kill the doctor lmo.
Probably the only level 20 trader which travells to act 4 (can be used to update your uniques to level 20)
I can't find a voice acter list over who voices this dud, anyone know? For some reason his voice is soo alike to Peter Jurasik when he plays Lando in Babylon 5.
i killed him and got around 150k exp. Try stunlocking him, evry attack he does is around 1.5-2k dmg
I got into a fight near him and the demon in the cage got killed.
Was the demon important at all?