Kniles the Flenser is an NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
Kniles the Flenser information
Kniles the Flenser is an insane, delusional, psychotic and sadistic magister located under the bowels of Fort Joy Castle within the prison complex. This is where he tortures, disembowels and mutilates Sourcerers. Using their dead corpses and body parts to create Meat Golems. To him he sees his practice as an art form. When first seen by the player, he is seen having a one sides conversation with an Agitated Silent Monk.
In the same room just behind, a young scared child named Trice can be found in the bloody sewer shoot by the sewer entrance which might indicate Kniles is a child killer as well. It could also be surmised that he may even be a sexual sadist to some extent with how he reacts excitedly to seeing blood, torture and death. But most of this is never explained in the game. What can be said though is that Kniles desire to determine needless pain, torture, suffering and death to those who are innocent just for his own sadistic pleasure makes him a very disturbed, psychopathic and repugnant individual.
- His mother Prudence is a Black Bull tavern keeper in Driftwood. She is totally unaware of his sadistic inclinations and thinks he is a finest physician and a decent person.
Kniles the Flenser location
- Kniles the Flenser first appears in Fort Joy Prison.
- Level 4
- Talents: Opportunist
- Backlash, Chicken Claw, Nether Swap, Mosquito Swarm
Kniles the Flenser drops
Kniles the Flenser Pickpocket
Notes and Tips
- Will immediately speak to you if approached, he will ask you to give him Atusa's severed leg if any of your party members possess it.
- To make the fight easier kill the Meat Golem in the cage closest to the entrance of Kniles room with a ranged character then try to snipe the one on the left side of the room while remaining on the ledge.
- The Meat Golems have no armor and the Silent Monks who will join the fight do not have physical armor, making them easily dealt with if they are frozen.
- If you have teleport, you can use it on Kniles to move him to the other side of the room and keep him out of the fight for a while.
- If you have teleport you can use it to pull a Meat Golem out of a locked cage and teleport Kniles into the cage, this will cause Kniles to drop out of combat entirely.
- If you don't want to fight, give him Atusa's severed leg (if in your possession). He will trade you the face ripper item if you have Fane in your party.
- Kniles the Flencer is inspired by the serial killer Buffalo Bill from the movie Silence of The Lambs, who murdered and skinned women then tailored their skins into clothing.
- You can find his journal in the locked chamber upstairs in the Inn of Driftwood. (Act 2)