Black Cat is an NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2 (DOS2) which follows the first character in party it sees. You can converse with it using the Pet Pal talent, but it doesn't tell you much and seems confused.
Black Cat information
- Will follow the first character it sees at the beginning of campaign when you arrive in Fort Joy
Black Cat location
- Black Cat first appears in Fort Joy Ghetto
Notes and Tips
- Certain NPCs interact negatively with the Black Cat in Fort Joy Ghetto.
- Buddy will not engage in dialogue with any character if the Black Cat is nearby, even if said character has the Pet Pal talent.
- The magisters at the closed gate between Nebora and Mona are apparently superstitious and will shoot and kill the Black Cat on sight.
- If you need to use the character the Black Cat is following to interact with these magisters (such as for trading) or Buddy (for quest dialogue), simply have any other character in your party initiate dialogue with the Black Cat while far away from these NPCs. As long as this character is in the dialogue window, the Black Cat will be stuck in place engaging with them, even if the character doesn't have Pet Pal.
- If you escape Fort Joy without the cat getting killed by magisters, it gives you the Summon Cat Familiar skill. The easiest way to escape with the cat quickly involves the quest called The Teleporter.
- After escaping Fort Joy the cat will reveal that it used to be a wizard's cat, but the wizard has left it to wait for him. Her former master used to speak in rhymes, so it can be suggested that it is Bellegar from Divinity OS 1.
- The Black Cat will usually run away from combat if you engage with anything (crocodiles, your camp mates, etc).
- The Black Cat cannot traverse ladders, and neither does it follow along when you use waypoints.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!