Black Cat is a NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2 (DOS2) which follows the first character in party it sees. You can converse with it using the Pet Pal talent, but it doesn't tell you much and seems confused.
Black Cat information
- Will follow character at beginning of campaign when you arrive in Fort Joy
Black Cat location
- Black Cat first appears in Fort Joy Ghetto
Notes and Tips
- If you escape Fort Joy without it getting killed by magisters, it gives you the Summon Cat Familiar skill. (The magisters guarding the front entrance to the ghetto and the patrolling magister are of no concern.) The easiest way to escape with the cat quickly involves the quest called The Teleporter.
- The Black Cat will generally speaking run away from combat if you engage with anything (crocodiles, your camp mates, etc).
- The Black Cat cannot traverse ladders, and neither does it follow along when you use waypoints.