Birdie is a NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
- Birdie is a hound that has been fed tainted meat and been treated poorly in an attempt to turn him into a source hound.
- The key to his cage can be found in the same room. Once he is freed, he will attack you unless a character has Pet Pal. He will say that his mind has been irreversibly corrupted from his training and just wants to be at peace.
- Birdie is located in Fort Joy Prison ( X: 333 | Y: 666 )
Notes and Tips
- You gain 1000 XP for letting Birdie out of his cage
- Details on how to succeed Birdie's persuasion even are as follows:
- [Strength] You need 2+ Persuasion to succeed. Strength score doesn't matter.
- [Intelligence] You need 1+ Persuasion to succeed. Intelligence score doesn't matter.
- [Constitution] You need 1+ Persuasion to succeed. Constitution score doesn't matter.
- [Finesse] 14+ Finesse succeeds, even with 0 Persuasion. Otherwise, you need 1+ Persuasion to succeed.
- You gain 1400 XP for successfully persuading Birdie.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
where does he go anywhere after you free him and pass persausion check ?
Managed to Persuade him using Finesse check with Red Prince with only 1 total Persuation (From Spellsong) and only 10 Finesse + Clear mind buff at level 4.
I had 1 persuasion and only 10 finesse and it worked.
after the persuasion check i managed to get him into combat before he could despawn. didnt give any extra xp upon killing him.
This is annoying, my character with persuade and my character with petpal are different so it's always the petpal character that talks to the dog and I can't win the persuasion check
Summon an incarnate, Birdie will talk to that instead of a player character and will not attack. Rewards 1000xp on Definitive Edition.
Safest bet to save Birdie is 2 points in Persuasion. Succeeded with Constitution option, having only 11 Con.
By default my Pet Pal char only had 10 but with the following buff order he made it to 15 and did a successful finesse persuasion (no Persuasion needed) +1 from item (bow in my case) +1 from Orange juice +1 from Minor finesse potion (empty potion + boletus) +1 from Clear of mind +1 from Encourage
Definitive Edition. Lohse successfully persuaded Birdie (Intelligence Persuasion) with 1 Persuasion and 16 Intelligence.
By default, Ifan seems to be able to finesse persuade him in definitive. Currently sitting on 0 persuade, 15 finesse. No idea if the 4 bartering has any effect, but doubtful.
How much stats need to persuade?
How do I open the door to get to birdie?