Blood Dowry is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. There seems to be an unhappy wedding between the bride and the groom. Will you uncover the truth?
- Head into Dorian Gall's lab and read his diary.
- Speak to Dorian and ask to assist him in his plans.
- Kill Micheil Ros (optional).
- Tell Micheil Ros of Dorian's plans (optional).
- Kill Dorian Gall.
- Report back to Micheil Ros (if you told him of Dorian's plans earlier).
You can obtain and do this quest multiple ways, but the most complete way will be listed here. Simply start this quest by first heading over to Dorian Gall's house (the groom) at around co-ordinates X:416, Y:323, and enter his bedroom. As shown in the picture below, you will need to press the button to reveal that his bed actually hides a hidden hatch to his laboratory.
Enter his laboratory, and you'll immediately find that it is full of oil barrels, waiting to explode, and that the hatch above you is blocked. To unblock the hatch, you will need to press the button on the southwest side, next to the piled up crates and a bunch of secured ones. The fire damage taken from the resulting explosion shouldn't pose much of a threat, at high levels. In any case, head on in and you will eventually come to a bunch of poison traps and failed experiment slimes. Defeat them all and head deeper in, but don't forget to loot the unique helm here. You will come to Dorian Gall's bedroom, and you can read his diary to realize that he is planning on killing his wife's father for inheritance. Note: in the definitive edition, the diary is on a table in the house's main bedroom, not the bedroom in the laboratory.
Now head on over to Micheil Ros' house, near the wedding site. If you have not already persuaded them already, you can pass a speech check with the guards to let you in, or pass a speech check with the drunken dwarven woman outside to give you an invitation that will let you in. In any case, once inside, Micheil Ros, the father of Isla, the bride, is on the upper floor. Speaking to him will yield some information about the deathfog barrels in the quest, "The Secrets of the Dwarves". It is recommended to do this quest in conjunction with it since both take place at around the same area.
For this quest, though, you'll want to first speak with Dorian Gall in the balcony as shown in the picture below and tell him that you know about his plan to "hasten" his wife's inheritance. Note that you can also speak to Isla at this point and tell her that her husband's marrying her for money, but she will refuse to believe you.
Pass a speech check with Dorian Gall, telling him that you want to help him. If you are rude, he will not give you the contract to kill Micheil, so make sure not to pick the overly rude options. If you pass the speech check, he will then ask what kind of reward you want, and you'll earn 19,400XP. The choices here don't matter, as you'll see why later on. Note that you will want to steal as much as you can from him first before proceeding, as he will disappear later.
In any case, the choices and rewards diverge based on whether you kill Micheil or not, so we'll start first with the killing Micheil Ros path.
- If you choose to kill Micheil Ros as instructed, make sure to probe him for some information about deathfog crates first, if you have not already done so. You will also probably have to deal with his guards on the top floor if you choose to kill him. He will grant no XP, but the two guards are worth 77,575XP each. Also, make sure to loot his body for his last will and testament; if you read it, you will realize, in comedic fashion, he bequeathed his entire estate to his pig, Lulabelle, not his daughter, rendering Dorian's plan moot.
Head back down, and you'll realize Dorian Gall poisoned all the guests, killing Isla and his aunt. Speak to Dorian Gall in the balcony. Here, you will again have multiple choices, but they all lead to the same result. If you hand him the will, he'll realize his plan had all been for naught, and decides to call the guards to blame you for his crime, disappearing into thin air. If you don't hand him the will, he'll call the guards anyway because of his impatience with you. Either way, the guard will be called, and you'll have to pass a speech check (persuasion 5+) to get her to stand down. Of course, if you'd rather kill her, feel free to do so - she awards 77,575XP, though others can be potential enemies and join the fight if they see you.
Head on over back to Dorian's house and enter his laboratory. No matter what you say, he will attack you. Kill him for 77,575XP, as well as 58,175XP for completing the quest.
- If you choose to defy him and help Micheil Ros instead, you can reveal his plot to Micheil Ros directly. But first, a little bit of trivia here: speak to Isla and tell her that her husband is trying to kill her father to inherit his gold, and she'll say "What? No- no, that's not true. That's impossible!" - which is a direct reference to Luke Skywalker's famous line in Star Wars. Also, the setting of this quest (killing her father) matches similarly to the event in Star Wars.
In any case, after convincing Isla (either via speech check or by handing her Dorian's diary), she will run up to tell her father the news. Speak to her father and you can pass a speech check here to get additional rewards upon completion of this quest. Head back down to the balcony, and you'll find that Dorian's missing. Head back to his house to confront him.
Enter his lab, and you'll meet him in the area where the failed experiment slimes were. After a brief conversation, he will attack you. Slaughter him for 77,575XP and loot his body. In the Definitive Edition, he has the unique wand The Groom's Gift on his body.
Return to Micheil Ros, and inform him of Dorian's demise. You'll receive 96,950XP and 2000 gold for your troubles. You'll also receive a diamond if you passed the speech check earlier on for additional rewards. The quest is complete at this point. In the Definitive Edition, he will instead offer Legendary gear - two pieces if the earlier speech check was passed instead of the usual one.
- 19,400XP for convincing Dorian to let you help him kill Micheil Ros.
- 77,575XP for each guard killed (optional) on the "Killing Micheil Ros" path.
- 77,575XP for killing Dorian Gall.
- 58,175XP for completing the quest on the "Killing Micheil Ros" path.
- 96,950XP and 2000 gold for completing the quest on the "Help Micheil Ros" path.
- A Diamond will also be given by Micheil if you passed the speech check for additional rewards.