Up in the Clouds is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. High in the clouds, Amadia's Temple rests. Will you be able to unlock its secrets?
- Reach Amadia's Temple.
- Use the hovering runes to remove magical barriers and carve a clear path.
- Overcome the defences of the temple.
- Receive the Knight of Amadia's boon.
First, you must reach the Temple of Amadia, high in the clouds. To reach there, you have to use some sort of teleportation/flying/leaping skill to teleport yourself over to the island, then unlock the waypoint and climb the vines. See the picture below for details.
The picture below is a map of the Temple of Amadia.
The moment you enter the floating temple, this quest will be active, and you will gain 30,100 Exploration XP. (10,050 XP DE edition) From here on out, its actually short and straightforward - there will be constant fire/lightning/etc pummelling the ground, acting as traps, and your job is to interact with the runes and deactivate the barriers.
Right next to where you started, you will come face to face with an Amadia Face Door. Interacting with it can give you one random buff. In order to open it, however, you will need the engraved jewel found on the northeastern most island in the picture above. Use teleport to get to the jewel, then use the jewel and open the door for some nice loot.
From where you started, teleport yourself to the next island, then simply interact with the runes. Next, use the portal to teleport yourself to the eastern side of the island (as depicted by the picture above). From where you landed after using the portal, head slightly north and teleport yourself over to grab the engraved jewel, teleport back, then continue onwards and deactivate the barriers by using the runes.
Using the three runes will free the Knight of Amadia. Talk to her and accept her gift to receive 40,150XP and 1 Knight of Amadia's Gloves, a pretty good glove for mages.
- 30,100 Exploration XP upon entering the floating temple. (DE edition gives 10,050 Exploration XP upon entering the floating temple)
- 20075 XP praying to the Altar of Amadia on the center island (DE edition)
- 40,150XP and Knight of Amadia's Gloves upon accepting the Knight of Amadia's gift and completing the quest.
- 20075 XP for killing the Knight of Amadia after completing the main quest (DE edition)