The Advocate is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. On Bloodmoon Island, a powerful demonic lizard will teach you the source...for a price. Will you accept?
- Meet the Advocate on Bloodmoon Island.
- Ask for the name of the Voidwoken God (optional).
- Get rid of the Black Ring forces who have surrounded the nearby Ancestor Tree.
- Learn the location of the Nameless Isle from The Advocate.
A WORD TO THE WISE!
When you first talk to the Advocate, do not opt to immediately kill him! This quest has you clearing a necessary encounter for "The Secrets of Bloodmoon Isle"', and if the Advocate dies before this quest is finished, it will never close.
Travel to Bloodmoon island (see the link to find out how to get there). When you reach it, speak with the Advocate. He is located in the western part of the island, near the beach. He will ask you to help him clear out the Black Ring forces which surrounded the nearby Ancestor Tree. Pressing him to reveal the name of the Voidwoken God King will cause some Voidwoken to spawn and attack your party, but thankfully The Advocate and his forces will join in the fight on your side.
- Note: While the Voidwoken appear, you can use the chaos to kill the Advocate. This will end the quest without rewards.
Agree to help the Advocate and he will immediately suggest to teach you to master the source. This will add 1 point to your source point maximum. If you already have 3 source point maximum, he will give you a random source skillbook instead.
Go to the Ancestor Tree to the north and prepare for a fight. There will be 4 Black Ring Magisters, 2 of which will summon a golem (for a total of 2) to aid them in the fight. These Bone Smasher golems grant 14450XP each, but if you kill their summoners first, they will disappear not granting any XP. There will also be a powerful high-hp "Undead Black Ring Destroyer" spawned at the start of the fight, but killing him grants no XP.
After the battle is over, The Advocate will appear immediately and engage you in a conversation, ultimately revealing the location of The Nameless Isle as he promised. The quest is effectively complete at this point, although you can still choose to attack him.
- 1 Source Mastery OR 1 random Source Skillbook (if you already have 3 source point maximum)
- 14450XP per Bone Smasher golem kill, for a total of 28900XP for both golems.
- 28900XP per magister kill, for a total of 115,600XP for all 4 magisters.
- 194,550XP upon killing all the Black Ring forces and learning the location of the Nameless Isle, completing the quest.
- 1 choice of random Rare-quality loot upon completion of the quest.